PHẦN 3: VIẾT – VSTEP WRITING
Thời gian: 60 phút
Số câu hỏi: 2
TASK 1 thi viết
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You received an email from your English friend, Jane. She asked you for some information about one of your friends. Read part of her email below.
I’ve just got an email from your friend, An. She said she’s going to take a course in London this summer. She asked if she could stay with my family until she could find an apartment. Can you tell me a bit about her (things like her personality, hobbies and interests, and her current work or study if possible)? I want to see if she will fit in with my family.
Write an email responding to Jane.
You should write at least 120 words. You do not need to include your name or addresses. Your response will be evaluated in terms of Task Fulfillment, Organization, Vocabulary and Grammar.
TASK 2 thi viết
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Read the following text from a book about tourism.
Tourism has become one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Millions of people today are travelling farther and farther throughout the year. Some people argue that the development of tourism has had negative effects on local communities; others think that its influences are positive.
Write an essay to an educated reader to discuss the effects of tourism on local communities. Include reasons and any relevant examples to support your answer.
You should write at least 250 words. Your response will be evaluated in terms of Task Fulfillment, Organization, Vocabulary and Grammar.
PHẦN 4: NÓI – VSTEP SPEAKING
Thời gian: 12 phút
Số câu hỏi: 3
Part 1: Social Interaction (3’)
Let’s talk about your free time activities.
– What do you often do in your free time?
– Do you watch TV? If no, why not? If yes, which TV channel do you like best? Why?
– Do you read books? If no, why not? If yes, what kinds of books do you like best? Why?
Let’s talk about your neighborhood.
– Can you tell me something about your neighborhood?
– What do you like most about it?
– Do you plan to live there for a long time? Why/why not?
Part 2: Solution Discussion (4’)
Situation: A group of people is planning a trip from Danang to Hanoi. Three means of transport are suggested: by train, by plane, and by coach. Which means of transport do you think is the best choice?
Part 3: Topic Development (5’)
Topic: Reading habit should be encouraged among teenagers.
– increases knowledge
– improves memory
– reduces stress
– [your own ideas]
– What is the difference between the kinds of books read by your parents’ generation and those read by your generation?
– Do you think that governments should support free books for all people?
– In what way can parents help children develop their interest in reading?